Backup of Files
Expert Mode Backup
2. Adding Data for Backup
- Adding Files to the Backup Set
The procedure of adding Files to the Backup Set is identical to that of the Standard Mode.
- Adding Folders to the Backup Set
The procedure of adding Folders to the Backup Set is identical to that of the Standard Mode.
- Include Masks (Expert Mode only)
In the field Include Masks you can specify what type of files you want to include into your Backup Set. You can enter either full names of files separated by semicolon, or/and specify masks for groups of files. Use asterisk to specify file types, replacing any number of characters, or/and the question-mark that replaces a single character. For instance, "*.exe" sequence means that all files with "exe" extension will be included in the Backup Set. Empty line (or "*.*") indicates that all files will be backed up.
- Exclude Masks (Expert Mode only)
You can exclude files and file masks from your Backup Set just like you include them. See "Include Masks" section for details.
- Add default temporary extensions button adds a list of common temporary extensions that may be of no interest and will be excluded from the Backup Set.
- Apply these masks to Folders as well as to Files check box will apply the specified included and excluded masks to both Files and Folders, if checked.
Creating a New Task Selecting Backup Destination
Back to Help Contents